This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Dancer_maria 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Since the house Passed House amended (02/27/2018) the new FOSTA which -will
    allow a State or States to sue, arrest and detain what Victims advocates want to Fight Online Sex Trafficking. They did enact an Act of 2017
    US Congress just passed HR 1865, “FOSTA”, seeking to subject all or any websites to criminal and civil liability when third parties (users) misuse online personals unlawfully.

Any tool or service can be misused but this can be used to man sex on sites or even sexual dating; so much for our American Civil Liberties ?

(Sec. 2) This bill expresses the sense of Congress that section 230 of the Communications Act of 1934 was not intended to provide legal protection to websites that unlawfully promote and facilitate prostitution and websites that facilitate traffickers in advertising the sale of unlawful sex acts with sex trafficking victims. Section 230 limits the legal liability of interactive computer service providers or users for content they publish that was created by others.
    (Sec. 3) The bill amends the federal criminal code to add a new section that imposes penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to 10 years, or both—on a person who, using a facility or means of interstate or foreign commerce, owns, manages, or operates an interactive computer service (or attempts or conspires to do so) to promote or facilitate the prostitution of another person.
    Additionally, it establishes enhanced penalties—a fine, a prison term of up to 25 years, or both—for a person who commits the offense in one of the following aggravating circumstances: (1) promotes or facilitates the prostitution of five or more persons, or (2) acts with reckless disregard that such conduct contributes to sex trafficking.
    (1) section 230 of the Communications Act of 1934 (47 U.S.C. 230; commonly known as the “Communications Decency Act of 1996”) was never intended to provide legal protection to websites that unlawfully promote and facilitate prostitution and websites that facilitate traffickers in advertising the sale of unlawful sex acts with sex trafficking victims;
    (2) websites that promote and facilitate prostitution have been reckless in allowing the sale of sex trafficking victims and have done nothing to prevent the trafficking of c******n and victims of f***e, fraud, and coercion; and
    (3) clarification of such section is warranted to ensure that such section does not provide such protection to such websites.

Any ideas? Very scary?

Admin 
    Keymaster

This bill will every affect website that allows user generated content and I will be monitoring it closely when it becomes a law. I’m big supporter of free speech and an open internet. I’ll be curious to see how Backpage and sites like The Erotic Review will react. Adult Talent List does not condone, support, or facilitate the advertising of victims of sex trafficking.

But I will refer everyone to our Terms of Service agreement.

1.2.2.1 Illegality and Tortious Conduct
    You agree that You may not use this Website or functionality available by or through this Website or Content You obtain from it for any criminal or tortious purpose. You further agree that You will not use this Website, any information or Content that You derive from it, or any of its functionality to request, solicit, enable, encourage, or promote any crime or tort including, without limitation, illegal prostitution, unlawful drug use, fraud, blackmail or other extortion, money laundering, kidnapping, illegal trafficking, or any travel, transportation, or inducement or facilitation of travel for any person which is illegal for You or for any other person. You may not engage in, conspire with any person for, or attempt any illegal or tortious activity with, against, or involving any person whom You meet or learn about through this Website or use any information or functionality available by or through this Website for such purpose, and You may not use any part of this Website’s services or functions to propose, attempt, conspire for, or transact any such activity.

Dancer_maria 
    Participant

Has not affected me, but could be the govt wants to tax content. Usually there is a money motivation involved. Dancing and modeling in NYC show how greedy the Govt can be. I hear all the excuses, but its still about money

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Copyright 2018 Adult Talent List
TEST121
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account